Record your race and sail smarter (re-posted from RaceQs website)
The raceQs’ tracker app records sailing data with your phone and creates a 3D replay of your race online. The 3D replay will show your boat and any other boats who were recording in your area. Select anyone in the replay to learn from the top performers in your fleet. Watch the replay with your crew and evaluate your race in the club, and at home online.
You can choose to upload your recorded tracks immediately over cell phone signal, or save them to upload over Wi-Fi. Turn on “Live Broadcast” and your friends can watch your race “live”, on your raceQs’ journal page.
The raceQs’ app is more than just a tracking device. It also records the motion of your boat using the accelerometer and gyroscope in your phone. Watch your race replay to evaluate your tacking patterns, boat handling, heel angle, and more. It will change the way you race.
- You can only watch these videos on a normal computer/laptop. As of now, you can’t watch these videos on phones or tablets
- It seems that the best replay speed to watch these video is x8 speed (setting next to the playback controls)
- The video posted is from my boat’s perspective (i.e. speed, angle of heel, etc.) To watch the race from your boat’s perspective, you must log in to the RaceQs site and go to the Journal page
- Please enter the name of your boat in your account page on RaceQs, otherwise your boat will appear as ‘Unknown’ on the video
- For additional info please visit RaceQs Frequently Asked Questions page: RaceQs FAQs